Have you ever wondered how many things you’ve learnt from your mother? They teach us everything we need to know:
- My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A WELL DONE JOB.
“If you’re going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning.”
- My mother taught me RELIGION.
“You better pray that stain come out of the carpet.”
- My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
“If you don’t straighten up, I’m going to knock you into the middle of next week!”
- My mother taught me LOGIC.
“Because I said so, that’s why.”
- My mother taught me MORE LOGIC.
“What’s for lunch, mom? – Food!”
- My mother taught me IRONY.
“Keep crying, and I’ll give you something to cry about.”
- My mother taught me about THE SCIENCE OF OSMOSIS.
“Shut your mouth and eat your supper.”
- My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM.
“Look at that dirt on the back of your neck!”
- My mother taught me about STAMINA.
“You’ll sit there until all that spinach is gone.”
- My mother taught me about WEATHER.
“This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it.”
- My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY.
“I’ve told you a million times. Don’t exaggerate!”
- My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE.
“I brought you into this world, and I can take you out.”
- My mother taught me about BEHAVIOUR MODIFICATION.
“Stop acting like your father!”
- My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE.
“If you don’t stop crossing your eyes, they are going to freeze that way.”
- My mother taught me ESP (ExtraSensory Perception).
“Put your sweater on; don’t you think I know when you are cold?”
- My mother taught me BLACK HUMOUR.
“When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don’t come running to me.”
- My mother taught me WISDOM OF AGE.
“When you get to be my age, you’ll understand.”
- My mother taught me VENTRILOQUISM.
“Stop grumbling, shut up and answer me: why did you do it?”
- My mother taught me TO BE THRIFTY.
“Save up your tears for my funeral!”
- And my mother taught me about JUSTICE.
“One day you’ll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you!”
As time goes by, we see our mothers in different ways: The images of mother.
Thanks to all the anonymous authors of these sentences for their sense of humour.
And remember that mother, there is only one, so don’t forget yours!