If you like dancing, this is definitely your app to practise English. You can download it to your Android phone or iphone and start dancing and singing at the same time. You also need to have a computer nearby, so that you can see the moves as you hold your phone with your right hand. The better you dance, the more points you obtain.
There are 5 songs you can dance for free, and that are changed regularly, if you want to access to the whole pack of songs, you have to pay for a subscription.
You can dance on your own, or with friends, as there is a multiplayer mode.
Just check it out and let us know what you think. Click here to download the app.
You can see the instructions in the video below.
Welcome back, everybody. Today we will start the academic year full of energy and new ideas for you.
If you are a registered student, please click the corresponding link to enter your facebook group. Remember that not all groups have one.
Básico 1 (groups A, B) coming soon
Básico 1 (groups C, D – Michael’s groups) Click here to access your group
Básico 2 C coming soon
Intermedio 1 – Click here to access your group
Intermedio 2 – Click here to access your group
Avanzado 1 – Students will receive information in class
Avanzado 2 – Click here to access your group
Curso de especialización lingüística (clil) – Click here to access your group
Certificate exams and final exams are round the corner and this blog is full of recommendations for you. Let’s talk about all the possibilities we offer here once again. Don’t say you don’t know where to start from!!!
- Watch these videos of students taking their English exams, revise the teachers’ notes and try to improve your skills.
- Watch these videos by the British Council, they give you advice about what to do and what not to do during your speaking test.
- Saro Rosales, a teacher at EOI Las Palmas GC wrote an article for her students giving advice for the speaking test, don’t miss it.
- Would you like to do a language exchange? Here you have a list of sites where you can do them.
- Intercambio de idiomas, a website where you can find out about places to practise English with other learners and native speakers. People gather together to practise while having a drink.
- Here you are a list of the topics you might be asked about during your exams.
- Finally, here you have a list I wrote for my students back in 2009, why don’t you take a look at it?
- Examples and tips to pass your speaking test, level Avanzado 2.
vocabulary and expressions
- Read this document written by my friend María Valdés, it contains expressions that can help you both with your writing and with your speaking.
- This post contains a slideshow presentation with a summary of the different types of texts you could find in your certificate exam.
- Guidelines for writing, a slideshow presentation with lots of tips.
- Formal letters.
- Letters of complaint.
- Sites to practise writing.
- Paragraph punch, online writing tool. This incredible website gives you clues and tips to write your text step by step.
- Try to follow the advice given in this article, where you can find tips to practise listening, writing and reading.
- Do you know ELLA? Here you can practise all skills.
- Busuu helps you with all skills, and you can even practise Engish with other students and native speakers. It’s a great community to learn different languages.
- Randall’s Cyber ESL Lab: Listening activities for all levels.
- Podcastsinenglish.com: Weekly podcast with video and activities. Good for all levels. Podcasts are free, but to download activities you need to pay for a subscription.
- BBC Learning English: Different podcasts with activities, video and a series.
- RepeatAfterUs.com: Plays, prose, poetry, fairy tales, etc.
- Everydayenglish.com: Videos with grammar explanations for all levels.
- English Listening Practice: Listening activities and other resources.
- Voa News: News with an American accent.
- mansioningles: listenings with differentiated tasks for all levels.
- EFL club movies: Activities with movie trailers and videoclips.
- EFL club songs: Activities with songs
- Free Audio Books: Download audio books in English in different formats (mp3, iPod, etc.).
- Arlyn Freed’s Listening Resources: List of links to assorted listening activities.
- The Internet TESL Journal: Assorted links for all levels.
- Learn English through movies
- Esl Lounge: Assorted online tests.
- Randall’s Cyber ESL Lab: Listening activities – do the activities for the easy level.
- Podcastsinenglish.com: Weekly podcast with video and activities. Do the activities for Level 1. Podcasts are free, but to download activities you need to pay for a subscription.
- mansioningles: listenings with differentiated tasks – do the activities for level ‘Básico’.
- ELLLO: Real life conversations with different accents. Good for Intermedio 1 and 2, y Avanzado 1
- Global English Salon: Artículos actuales que se pueden escuchar (con acento americano) y leer
- Breaking News English: news articles for reading or listening. Good for Intermedio 2 and above.
Avanzado 1 and 2:
- BBC Four Interviews: interviews with actors, composers, singers, politicians, athletes, etc.
- Cinema Activities: Online activities based on movie trailers.
- English as Second Language: Several activities for this level, it also includes some indications to improve your listening.
Remember that the Consejería de Educación del Gobierno de Canarias has published some examples which contain the certificate exams used last year. You can see them here, and if you want to practise even more, please visit these links, which contain examples from all over Spain.