Have you ever wondered how many things you’ve learnt from your mother? They teach us everything we need to know:
- My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A WELL DONE JOB.
“If you’re going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning.”
- My mother taught me RELIGION.
“You better pray that stain come out of the carpet.”
- My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
“If you don’t straighten up, I’m going to knock you into the middle of next week!”
- My mother taught me LOGIC.
“Because I said so, that’s why.”
- My mother taught me MORE LOGIC.
“What’s for lunch, mom? – Food!”
- My mother taught me IRONY.
“Keep crying, and I’ll give you something to cry about.”
- My mother taught me about THE SCIENCE OF OSMOSIS.
“Shut your mouth and eat your supper.”
- My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM.
“Look at that dirt on the back of your neck!”
- My mother taught me about STAMINA.
“You’ll sit there until all that spinach is gone.”
- My mother taught me about WEATHER.
“This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it.”
- My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY.
“I’ve told you a million times. Don’t exaggerate!”
- My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE.
“I brought you into this world, and I can take you out.”
- My mother taught me about BEHAVIOUR MODIFICATION.
“Stop acting like your father!”
- My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE.
“If you don’t stop crossing your eyes, they are going to freeze that way.”
- My mother taught me ESP (ExtraSensory Perception).
“Put your sweater on; don’t you think I know when you are cold?”
- My mother taught me BLACK HUMOUR.
“When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don’t come running to me.”
- My mother taught me WISDOM OF AGE.
“When you get to be my age, you’ll understand.”
- My mother taught me VENTRILOQUISM.
“Stop grumbling, shut up and answer me: why did you do it?”
- My mother taught me TO BE THRIFTY.
“Save up your tears for my funeral!”
- And my mother taught me about JUSTICE.
“One day you’ll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you!”
As time goes by, we see our mothers in different ways: The images of mother.
Thanks to all the anonymous authors of these sentences for their sense of humour.
And remember that mother, there is only one, so don’t forget yours!
And as every year, we are embedding our classic favourit, Obama pardoning his Turkey. Don’t miss it if you want to laugh a bit with his great sense of humour.
As every fourth Thursday in November, Thanksgiving is celebrated today in the USA. Years before we have published other articles mentioning this event (you can read them here and here), so you can go back to them and read what this celebration is about.
This year, President Barack Obama himself is going to explain to you what Thanksgiving means for every American. Apart from that, he is also pardoning life to a turkey, as the president of the USA does every year.
After watching the video (shot yesterday) think what you can feel thankful for and feel free to write it down on our comments section.
If you want to practise some English in a fun way, I recommend you this web application. As its name says, you only have to draw a stick man. But, surprise, your stick man will suddenly come to life. Then you’ll have to help your character along a story.
What are you waiting for? Just click on the image and start your own adventure.
How often have you thought “Umm, I’ve heard that before” while listening to a song or “I’ve seen this before” while watching a scene in a film?